3.3 C
New York
Thursday, August 5, 2021
HomeBusinessKatie Waissel 'healing' after revealing alleged sexual assault

Katie Waissel ‘healing’ after revealing alleged sexual assault

Katie has revealed she has begun ‘healing’ after speaking out about allegedly being sexually assaulted (Picture: Rex)Katie Waissel has revealed she has begun ‘healing’ after speaking out about allegedly being sexually assaulted by a member of The X Factor team.
The singer, who appeared on the ITV show in 2010, previously claimed that the incident took place in a luxury hotel when she met the man to talk about her music career.
She also alleged that the ordeal took place in the US, some years after she competed in the series.   
Speaking to Closer magazine, the 35-year-old explained that she is glad she has spoken out, as it’s helping her to move on.
‘I’m taking things one day at a time,’ she told the publication. ‘Sharing my story has begun a new chapter of justice and healing for myself and others who have reached out via social media to share support.’
Katie previously told how she feared she’d never work again if she spoke out.
Recalling the alleged incident to The Sun, she said: ‘I can still smell him. I was paralysed with shock. All I could think was, “How am I going to leave this room?”

Katie rose to fame after appearing on The X Factor in 2010 (Picture: Shutterstock)‘I was a victim but I wouldn’t allow myself to recognise just how terrible it had been. I’ve never spoken before as I thought I’d be blacklisted and never work again.
‘I was vulnerable but times have changed and I now feel bold enough to speak out.’
The TV personality, who previously opened up about feeling suicidal following her appearance on the show, had decided against making a complaint at the time because she was pregnant and wanted to avoid unnecessary stress.

See also  Ja Morant, Trae Young, more stars react to J. Cole album

Katie previously told how she feared she’d never work again if she spoke out (Picture: WireImage)She added: ‘I was so focused on being successful and was vulnerable to a man like this who exploited that. If I could go back in time, I would never have taken part.’
Simon Cowell’s company launched a probe into the allegations as soon as they were made aware of them.
The man – who has denied the accusations – no longer works for the firm.

Simon Cowell’s company launched a probe into the allegations as soon as they were made aware of them (Picture: FilmMagic)A spokesperson for Syco Entertainment told Metro.co.uk in a statement: ‘We were made aware via the media of Katie’s claims in Autumn 2017 and we immediately contacted her and began an investigation.
‘We were naturally shocked at the allegations and wanted to do anything we could to help – so we asked her to lodge a complaint with us and detail the allegations for that purpose. In the interim we suspended the accused.
More: The X Factor

‘Despite a number of requests to Katie asking her to detail the claims to us, she chose not to make a complaint over his behaviour. As a result, and without other evidence to the contrary, we were obliged to accept his denial of the claims.
‘We, of course, remain ready and keen to investigate her claims if she so chooses to detail them to us and even though the alleged perpetrator no longer works for either Syco or Sony Music.’

MORE : Friends star Jane Sibbett – who played Ross’ ex Carol – could ‘sense’ Jennifer Aniston and David Schwimmer’s ‘crushing’

See also  Tarek El Moussa and Heather Rae Young Host Intimate Engagement Party in Newport Beach, California

MORE : Lucifer season 5 part 2 ending: What happens in hell-raising Netflix finale?



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments

See also  Tarek El Moussa and Heather Rae Young Host Intimate Engagement Party in Newport Beach, California